Makeup up for youthful looking skin
We all want to look fresh, and young, yet put together and sophisticated. Aside from skincare routine and nutrition, the way we apply makeup has a massive impact on how old/young we look.
My main motto when it comes to makeup is: less is more. Whatever your age. Caking on makeup is never a good look and is rather aging. It also looks much less sophisticated than having a light touch.
The basic steps for an everyday good look are:
- Clean your skin thoroughly and exfoliate regularly.
- Moisturize your face and make sure to apply a good eye cream.
- Drink about 2 liters of water a day as dehydration will increase the appearance of fine lines.
- Apply an SPF on top of your moisturizer if it doesn’t contain any. No matter what the weather is!
THE SECRET TIP
The main trick for a radiant and bright base is using very natural tinted moisturizers or foundations. I like the ‘no makeup makeup look’. Seeing foundation on the skin isn’t a great look and always appears cakey. I believe a natural look is sophisticated, elegant and youthful.
I have tried most of what is on the market as I am passionate about skin, and I am sharing here my all-time favorites. What I look for in a tinted moisturizer or foundation for my daily routine is
- some coverage while looking like I am not wearing any makeup
- a little bit of a glow as it always takes a few years off any face!
BEST TINTED MOISTURISERS AND FOUNDATIONS
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. This is a classic favorite of mine. It has SPF30, contains ingredients to reduce hyperpigmentation and it really makes the skin glow without making it oily. I find it amazing and have used it for years. Price, £30.
- Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer. I really like this product and use it regularly too. The SPF is 15, lower than Nars, but it is a mineral sunscreen which I find more powerful than chemical ones. It contains anti-oxidants and anti-pollution properties too. Wonderful product for an everyday natural look. Price, £61.
- Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation. This is a miracle product. It literally looks like you have nothing on, but it gives you an enhanced version of your own skin. It contains a mineral based SPF30, gives a wonderful glow and has anti-wrinkles and pores properties. Price, £45.
- Charlotte Tilbury Unisex Healthy Glow. This tinted moisturizer doesn’t contain SPF but is absolutely amazing. It adapts to your skin colour, hydrates and gives you a summer glow. Price, £35.
WHAT ABOUT COVERING UP IMPERFECTIONS?
I like to cover any spots or discoloration with a corrector (I love Bobbi Brown’s) and only apply it on the concerned area. That allows the rest of the skin to look fresh whilst still covering imperfections.
I also like to leave some imperfections as it looks more natural. For example, I do have small pigmentation around the nose and cheeks. I don’t cover all of those dark spots and seeing some through my tinted moisturizer makes me look like I don’t have much product on, and it can look cute as they can pass for freckles!