We all want to look fresh, and young, yet put together and sophisticated. Aside from skincare routine and nutrition, the way we apply makeup has a massive impact on how old/young we look.
My main motto when it comes to makeup is: less is more. Whatever your age. Caking on makeup is never a good look and is rather aging. It also looks much less sophisticated than having a light touch.
The basic steps for an everyday good look are:
- Clean your skin thoroughly and exfoliate regularly.
- Moisturize your face and make sure to apply a good eye cream.
- Drink about 2 liters of water a day as dehydration will increase the appearance of fine lines.
- Apply an SPF on top of your moisturizer if it doesn’t contain any. No matter what the weather is!
THE SECRET TIP
The main trick for a radiant and bright base is using very natural tinted moisturizers or foundations. I like the “no-makeup makeup look”. Seeing the foundation on the skin isn’t a great look and always appears cakey. I believe a natural look is sophisticated, elegant, and youthful.
I have tried most of what is on the market as I am passionate about skin, and I am sharing here my all-time favorites. What I look for in a tinted moisturizer or foundation for my daily routine is
- some coverage while looking like I am not wearing any makeup
- a little bit of a glow as it always takes a few years off any face!
BEST TINTED MOISTURISERS AND FOUNDATIONS
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. This is a classic favorite of mine. It has SPF30, contains ingredients to reduce hyperpigmentation and it really makes the skin glow without making it oily. I find it amazing and have used it for years. Price, £30.
- Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer. I really like this product and use it regularly too. The SPF is 15, lower than Nars, but it is a mineral sunscreen that I find more powerful than chemical ones. It contains anti-oxidants and anti-pollution properties too. Wonderful product for an everyday natural look. Price, £61.
- Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation. This is a miracle product. It literally looks like you have nothing on, but it gives you an enhanced version of your own skin. It contains a mineral-based SPF30, gives a wonderful glow, and has anti-wrinkle and pores properties. Price, £45.
- Charlotte Tilbury Unisex Healthy Glow. This tinted moisturizer doesn’t contain SPF but is absolutely amazing. It adapts to your skin color, hydrates, and gives you a summer glow. Price, £35.
WHAT ABOUT COVERING UP IMPERFECTIONS?
I like to cover any spots or discoloration with a corrector (I love Bobbi Brown’s) and only apply it to the concerned area. That allows the rest of the skin to look fresh whilst still covering imperfections.
I also like to leave some imperfections as it looks more natural. For example, I do have small pigmentation around the nose and cheeks. I don’t cover all of those dark spots and seeing some through my tinted moisturizer makes me look like I don’t have much product on, and it can look cute as they can pass for freckles!