- 2 cups or 120g of quinoa flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup or 60g of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup or 50g of melted coconut oil
- 200g or 7.05oz of apple purée
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat your oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Whisk the eggs until they are fluffy. Add the ground cinnamon and whisk until they become pale. Fold in the apple purée, the melted coconut oil, and the vanilla extract. Combine in the quinoa flour, cinnamon, arrowroot powder, and bicarbonate of soda.
- Peel one apple and cut it into cubes. Incorporate the cubes.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray (I like using a brownies tray for this recipe) lined with coconut oil and baking paper.
- Slice the remaining apple finely and use it to decorate as well as adding a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 175 C / 350 F.
- Let the cake cool down a little before enjoying it.
- It is delicious slightly warm with a cup of tea or coffee.