- 600g or 21oz of lean beef mince
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400ml or 14oz)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion (or 2 small)
- 1 medium carrot (or 2 small)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Fresh basil to decorate
- Finely chop the carrot and onion.
- Heat the olive oil on medium in a large pan and add the crushed garlic, finely chopped onion, and carrot.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the minced meat and brown it.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, cinnamon and bring to a simmer.
- Cook on low to medium for about 40 minutes, until the sauce is reduced.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Make sure to stir regularly.
- Once cooked, serve on zucchini noodle or on a bed of steamed broccolini and decorate with finely chopped basil leaves.