These are so good yet so easy to make. DAIRY-FREE, PALEO, and most importantly ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, these energy balls are packed with goodness. Walnuts are great for brain function, full of protein and good fats, dates are a natural anti-fungal so they help fight bad bacteria in the gut, raw cacao is full of antioxidants, iron, and magnesium and turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1.5 cup or 150g of raw walnuts
- 9 Medjool pitted dates
- 1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- optional: roasted chopped hazelnut
- Put the walnuts, dates, turmeric, and cacao in a food processor. Blend for 4 to 5 minutes, until the ingredients form a paste.
- Roll into small balls in the palm of your hands.
- Optional: roll Ren balls into the chopped roasted hazelnuts for a healthy “Ferrero Rocher” effect.
- These are delicious as a snack at any time of the day. Pre or post-workout. With a cup of tea or coffee. At home or on the go. Enjoy!