- 4 chicken legs
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large tomato
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 4 tablespoons or 30g of fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- Finely slice the onion. Cut the bell peppers in fine slices. Cut the eggplant in quarters and slice those into medium slices. Cut the zucchini in halves and cut those in medium slices. Cut the carrots in medium slices. Peel and cut the parsnip in quarters. Chop the parsley finely. Peel and crunch the garlic.
- In a large pan or tagine dish, put the olive oil, crushed garlic, finely sliced onion, half of the chopped parsley, and the grated tomato. Add the spices, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the onion has softened (about 5 minutes).
- Grind the saffron and mix it with 120ml or 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Add the chicken legs and brown them.
- Add the water and saffron mix and cover with the vegetables. Add the carrots, parsnip, eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers.
- Bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for 45 minutes, half covering the pan.
- Stir the pan regularly by shaking gently holding the handles.
- Serve warm and garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!