- 2 eggplants
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (any vinegar works)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven). Place the eggplants in a baking dish, pierce them with a knife and bake them for 1 hour.
- Once baked, take them out of the oven and let them completely cool down. Gently peel them and remove the skin. Place them in a dish and cut them into cubes. Place the eggplant in your serving dish.
- Place the crushed garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix really well before adding the olive slowly while continuing whisking. Once well mixed, pour over the eggplants. Decorate with the chopped basil. It is ready!
- You can store the salad in the fridge and consume it when it is colder or have it at room temperature. It is absolutely delicious with anything but I especially love it with fish.
Storage TipsThis dish can be prepared in advance. It keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days without the dressing mixed in.