- 4 chicken legs
- 4 medium carrots
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 inch piece of turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 34fl oz or 1l of water
- 3 egg yolks
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Optional: fresh curly parsley to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and brown the chopped onion for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add the chicken legs and brown them on all sides for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, parsnip, grated ginger and turmeric root (you do not need to remove the skin). Add the salt and pepper, cover with water. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, heat the soup up.
- Whisk the 3 egg yolks, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Using a ladle, add some of the soup liquid into the bowl and mix quickly, allowing the eggs not to curdle.
- Pour the mix into the pot and stir well.
- Your soup is ready to serve! You can garnish with fresh some fresh curly parsley.