- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup or 100g of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup or 80g of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup or 130g of coconut oil
- 1 1/3 or 200g of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Sea salt to decorate
- 3 tablespoons or 20g chopped nuts to decorate (pecan, flaked almonds, pistachios)
- 3 tablespoons or 20g chopped cranberries to decorate
- Preheat your oven at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven). Place the coconut oil in a bowl and melt it in the oven.
- Beat the eggs and add the coconut sugar, followed by the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add the melted (but cooled down) coconut oil and the cocoa powder and mix gently as the cocoa powder is fine.
- Pour in a greased (I use coconut oil) round pan (8inch is ideal) lined with baking paper. Decorate with chopped nuts and cranberries.
- Bake at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven) for 18 minutes. Decorate with sea salt flakes and let it cool down. Once it has cooled down, cut the cake in slices (to make mini Christmas trees in the holidays and just delicious portions at all other times). Enjoy!
Storage TipsStore in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the individual servings. Place them on a baking sheet, then when fully frozen, remove and place them in the container/bag for up to 3 months.