- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1/2 lemon (1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice)
- 240ml or 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Place 4 to 6 garlic cloves and 1 egg yolk in a blender. Blend and scrape the sides of your blender as regularly as needed.
- Add a tiny bit of olive oil. Going slow at the start is KEY for success.
- Add a good pinch of sea salt and another tiny drop of olive oil.
- Keep blending and add another drop of olive oil.
- Repeat the process until the sauce starts forming a mayonnaise-like consistency. Once the consistency is more like mayonnaise, add more oil regularly. Keep going at it patiently.
- After another minute of blending, add the juice of half a lemon (about one tablespoon). And continue adding up to 240 ml/one cup of olive oil.
- Your homemade aioli is ready! Place it in a bowl and enjoy. It’s perfect with fish, but also with meat, chicken, roasted vegetables and as a base for salad dressing.
It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days.