These are a healthier version of an old classic. Lemon and poppy seeds muffins. I have swapped the poppy for the chia to add extra omega 3 and fiber, and these are, like all my recipes, DAIRY-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, and PALEO. They are extremely easy to make and so delicious with a nice cup of tea or coffee. They can make a great breakfast on the go option or snack/dessert.
- 200g ground almonds
- 100g maple syrup
- 100g coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 80g melted coconut oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 175C / 350F.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and mix in the ground almonds.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and mix well.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and combine.
- Finally, add the cooled down melted coconut oil, mix and add the chia seeds last. Mix until well combined.
- Put the mixture in a jug as it is quite runny and pour in your lined muffin tray.
- Bake at 175c/350F for 23 to 25 minutes. You can put a skewer in one of the muffins to test, and if it comes out clean, they are ready! Enjoy!