A friend of mine made this delicious chicken recipe and I was balled over by the simplicity/taste/health ratio of it! I had to steal it and make it for my children and all of you! It is SUPER EASY to make, has a massive wow-factor, keeps in the fridge up to 5 days, is PERFECT for a FAMILY MEAL or HOSTING, and TASTES DIVINE. And like most of my recipes, it is GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, and PALEO.
- 8 chicken thighs (or 4 chicken legs/ breasts work too)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 6 spring/salad onions
- 8 whole shallot onions (peeled)
- 2 bell peppers
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 whole garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander/cilantro (flat parsley is a good alternative)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 6 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 80ml / 1/3 of a cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven at 190C / 375F.
- Sear the chicken in a frying pan/ skillet on high heat. Brown all the sides and place the chicken pieces in a large baking tray.
- Add the chopped sweet potato, butternut squash, the whole spring/salad onions, the peeled (but whole) shallot onions, cherry tomatoes, whole, and unpeeled garlic cloves as well as the bell pepper (deseeded and chopped in roughly).
- In a mortar, mix the crushed garlic cloves, chopped herbs, tomato puree, salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil. Once really well combined, scatter the paste all over the chicken and vegetables.
- Bake for 45 minutes and it is ready to enjoy! You do not need to prepare any side dishes as this is a full meal. My children loved it and I was amazed to see them eat all the vegetables without complaining. It really is tasty so do give it a go! Enjoy!