- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of olive oil or avocado oil (or half and half)
- You need an immersion blender to do this. Place all the egg yolk, water, vinegar, and mustard in a blender cup or a similar container.
- Add the oil and immerse your immersion blender. Blend and you will see the ingredients emulsifying quickly into a mayonnaise. Move the blender around to emulsify further, and season with salt to taste.
You can keep this up to 5 days in the fridge.