- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups or 200g of ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup or 100g of walnuts
- 1/3 cup or 70g of melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup or 100g of coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175 C / 350 F. Put the coconut oil in a bowl to melt in the oven for a few minutes.
- Mash 2 bananas in a large bowl and whisk in the eggs.
- Take the coconut oil out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Add the coconut sugar/maple syrup, vanilla extract, ground almonds, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Combine well before stirring in the cooled down coconut oil.
- Chop up the walnuts in pieces and mix half of the walnuts in the dough. Slice the remaining banana. Pour the mix into a greased cake tin lined with baking paper and decorate with the banana slices and the chopped walnuts.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 175C/350F. Let the banana bread cool down completely before eating it. Enjoy!
- PS: the cooking time can vary depending on your oven, so use a stick or a knife to check if your cake is cooked through. If you put the knife in the cake and it comes out clean, your cake is ready!
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour.