- 2 cup or 200g of whole cashews
- 1 cup or 100g of blanched almonds
- 22 to 30 Medjool dates pitted (more or less depending on the dates you use)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5.3 oz or 150g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup or 30g flaked almonds to decorate
- 1/3 cup or 30g of pistachio kernels to decorate (optional)
- Place the cashews, almonds, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 25 pitted dates in your food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball. I like to start with 20 dates and add a few until I reach that perfect consistency. If you put too many dates, the mixture will be too sticky and not form a ball.
- Line a dish with a sheet of baking paper. Slightly dip your fingers in a little bit of water and flatten the dough with your fingers (this will stop it from sticking). You can also roll it out using another sheet of baking paper on top and a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate and the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat, stirring gently. Once melted, let it cool down for a minute and pour over the dates and nuts mixture. Use a spatula to delicately spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle flaked almonds to decorate and place in the fridge for around 45 min.
- Take it out of the tray with the baking paper. Place it on a flat surface and cut it into bars or squares.
- Put it back in the fridge to set for at least one hour. Leaving them overnight will make them even firmer.
Storage TipsThey keep for up to 7 days in the fridge if you manage to save some! You can pack some and take them with you for a healthy snack on the go, and it is best to store the rest in the fridge to keep that firm consistency.