- 1.3lb or 600g of chicken thigh fillets skinless and boneless
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup or 150g of green beans
- 2 1/3 cups or 300g of button mushrooms
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2/3 cup or 200g of red Thai curry paste
- 1 2/3 cups or 400ml of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup or 100ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar
- Finely chop the onion. Chop the carrots and green beans in small pieces. Cut the mushrooms in quarters. Cut the sweet potato in medium size cubes. Cut your chicken thighs in bite size pieces. Grate your ginger and garlic cloves.
- In a pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Soften the onion for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the chicken and brown for 10 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and stir.
- Add the coconut milk, red curry paste, coconut sugar and fish sauce.
- Mix well and add all the vegetables: mushrooms, sweet potato, green beans and carrots.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the sauce is thicker. This is delicious served with quinoa!
Storage TipsYou can use chicken breast if you do not like chicken legs. This curry keeps in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freezes well for up to 3 months. Reheat on a hob (not the microwave as it destroys nutrients).