I made this delicious slow cooker Paleo Korean Beef Short Ribs recipe earlier this week and many of my American followers have asked me to post it ahead of the super bowl weekend. It is an easy recipe that uses cuts of beef that are affordable and extremely tasty. It also is DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, and PALEO. I do not eat red meat more than once or twice a week as I do believe in moderation, so I try and make flavorsome paleo meat dishes. I find that meat cooked in a slow-cooker is easier to digest. I also like to make slow-cooker dishes a day or two before eating them as they taste even better and the meat is even more tender than on the first day.
- 2 kilos or 5 lb of beef short ribs
- 1 cup or 250 ml of beef broth
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml of tamari or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup or 30g of coconut sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 spring onions/scallions to decorate, sliced
- Sesame seeds to decorate
- Place the meat in the slow-cooker.
- Mix the beef broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and ginger in a large bowl. Combine well and add the mixture and sliced garlic in the slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Let it cool down and skim the fat from the top with a tablespoon. Discard the fat and heat up on low to medium heat, either in the slow-cooker or even in a deep pan if you are eating it a few days later.
- Place the ribs and the sauce in a serving dish and decorate with the sliced spring onions/scallions and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- I like serving this with a stir fry of bok choy (using tamari sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and fish sauce) and steamed jasmine rice for the children and my non-paleo friends!