Super easy recipe for your slow cooker. It also works in a pot on your hob at very low heat. This is super healthy, meat is much easier to digest when slowly cooked, it is packed with protein, and collagen which is a wonder food for your skin, hair, nails, muscles, and gut lining!
- 1.5kgs oxtail
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 4 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 bouquet garni sachet
- 3 bay leaves
- olive oil
- Put some oil in a pot/pan over medium to high heat and brown the vegetables.
- After a few minutes, add the oxtail. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the oxtail over so all the sides are brown. Do this for 4-5 minutes, it releases all the flavors.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to your slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, the bouquet garni, and the bay leaves. Add some extra salt – the tomatoes need it, being quite acidic.
- Leave to cook in the slow cooker for 8 hours or more on the low setting.
- Once cooked, skim excess fat from the surface as oxtail can be fatty.
- Enjoy with cauliflower rice or konjac pasta as a low carb meal or with sweet potatoes!