- 2 onions
- 2 medium-size tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150ml of water
- Finely chop the onions. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and remove the seeds.
- In a pan on medium heat, soften the onions with the olive oil until they become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, coconut sugar, and vinegar. Combine well and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the water and cook another 10 minutes or until the water has evaporated. Taste and add some seasoning if needed.
- Your relish is ready! This works perfectly as a side to fish, meat, or chicken. It’s also absolutely delicious in omelets or zucchini noodles. Enjoy!