This soup is my staple at home for good carbs in the evening. You can check my post on carbs where I explain the importance of eating healthy carbohydrates in the evening for brain function, sleep, and mood. It is extremely easy and quick to make. I would recommend using organic ingredients when possible.
- 2 leeks
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 vegetable stock pot (optional)
- Wash the vegetables, peel the potato, and chop them roughly.
- In a pot on medium heat, put a tablespoon of olive oil and fry the vegetables for about 3-5 minutes.
- Season, add water until all the vegetables are covered as well as the stockpot. Once the water is boiling, put the heat on low and let it simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Blend and serve.
- Enjoy! This makes a perfect starter for adults and children. You can add toppings like pumpkin seeds or flaxseeds for extra texture and extra healthy fats.