- 200g or 2 cups of ground almonds
- 50g or 1/4 cup of milled flaxseeds
- 4 eggs
- 150g of drained pitted olives filled with anchovies (or regular olives, black or green) for the batter
- 100g of pitted olives for decorating (you can use any olives, flavored to your liking)
- 1 tbsp of dried rosemary for the batter
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary for decorating
- 1/2 a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1/2 a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven at 150C / 300F. Whisk the eggs, salt, and apple cider vinegar in a food processor or a bowl. Whisk them until they turn pale.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients – almond flour, rosemary, bicarbonate of soda, arrowroot powder, and flaxseeds- and mix until well combined. Fold in the olives and combine well.
- Scoop the mixture into greased a bread loaf pan lined with baking paper. Decorate with the remaining olives and sprinkle rosemary. Bake at 150C / 300F for 50 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- Your delicious Paleo Olive and Rosemary bread is ready! It is perfect for breakfast or with any meal. It can make a good nutritious savory snack on the go too.
You can keep it up to five days in the fridge, sealed in a container.