- 1/2 cup or 90g of quinoa
- 3 small cucumbers
- 1/4 onion
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons of chopped mint
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Start by cooking the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cover with 1 cup or 500ml of water. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Uncover and set aside until it cools down (you can also do this step in advance).
- Chop the cucumbers in small cubes as well as the onion and bell pepper. Chop the herbs very finely too.
- Place the cooled down quinoa in a salad bowl, add the cucumbers, bell pepper, onion, chopped herbs, sumac, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss well. It’s ready!
This dish can be prepared in advance. It keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days.