This grain and dairy-free recipe is so easy to make yet super healthy! Perfect “good carbs” option if you are doing the 6-week reset. Talking about the reset, many people doing it for weight-loss are reporting that weight-loss happens from the first week, without feeling deprived or counting calories! So.. Jerusalem artichokes/sunchokes are really good for you and so cheap. Keep their skin on as most nutrients (vitamins and minerals) are in the skin. Don’t worry if you can’t buy organic ones, the important thing is to eat well most of the time, my approach is very much not a perfectionist one as perfection is simply unattainable! The salsa verde is super easy to make and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
- Roasted Jerusalem artichokes:
- 1 pound or 450g of Jerusalem artichokes or Sunchokes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Salsa Verde:
- 2 tablespoons or 30g of chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons or 30g of chopped fresh basil
- 1 spring onion or 1 shallot onion
- 3 anchovies (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup or 120ml of olive oil
- Preheat your oven at 175 C /350 F.
- Rinse and cut the Jerusalem artichokes in medium sizes pieces, keeping the skin on.
- Put them in a roasting dish, drizzle the olive oil on top, season with salt and pepper. Make sure they are well coated with oil on all sides. Place them in the oven for 35 min at 175 C / 350 F for 35 minutes.
- In the meantime, make your salsa verde by placing all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until all the ingredients are finely chopped and make a nice dressing.
- Once the Jerusalem artichokes are done, take them out of the oven and place them in a serving dish. Spoon half the salsa on top and serve the other half in a bowl for a little extra on the side or save it in the fridge.
It lasts up to 5 days in the fridge and is delicious with roasted cod.