- 2 small or 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 6 shallot onions or 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of paprika or smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Rinse your vegetables and peel the shallots. Cut the sweet potatoes, carrot, and parsnips in pieces of similar thickness. This will allow them to cook evenly. You can peel your vegetables, but I don’t peel mine as most of the nutrients are in the skin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place all the vegetables flatly on it, without stacking them up. Keep the shallots whole. If you use an onion instead, cut it in quarters. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, cumin seeds, and paprika. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 200 C / 400 F until the vegetables are crispy. The sweetness comes out of them which makes this dish so addictive.
- Enjoy with a side of fish, chicken, beef, or lamb. I like having some green salad with it too, to add freshness. You can have them warm as a side dish, cold in salads, and the next day for breakfast as an omelet topping or side!