- 3 ripe bananas
- 1.5 cup or 140g of tigernut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup or 50g of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup or 70g of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 175 C / 350 F (fan oven).
- Put the coconut oil in a bowl to melt in the oven for a few minutes.
- Mash 2 bananas in a large bowl and whisk in the eggs.
- Take the coconut oil out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Add the coconut sugar to the banana and egg mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract, tigernut flour, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt. Combine well before stirring in the cooled down coconut oil.
- Slice the remaining banana.
- Scoop the mixture using an ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons into a muffin tray tin lined with muffin cases or greased with coconut oil and decorate with the banana slices.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 175C/350F (fan oven). Let the banana bread cool down completely before eating it. Enjoy!
- PS: the cooking time can vary depending on your oven. If you put a skewer or toothpick in a muffin and it comes out clean, your cake is ready!