- 450g or 1lb of Brussels sprouts
- 150g or 5.3oz of pancetta / lardons / bacon
- 1/8 cup or 30ml of white wine (optional)
- 5 sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Put a large pot of water to boil and blanch the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain them out and rinse them with cold water.
- In a large skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat. After a couple of minutes add the sage leaves. Cook for another 3 minutes and add the Brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cooking for a couple of minutes and add the white wine. Increase the heat to high and cook for a further 5 minutes. It’s ready!