- 2 3/4 cups or 400g of pitted cherries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup or 250ml of coconut milk (the refrigerated kind)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup or 80g coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup or 80g ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Coconut oil to grease the pan
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat your oven at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven).
- Whisk the eggs and coconut sugar. Add the ground almonds, salt, coconut flour, and arrowroot powder. Mix well and gradually add the coconut milk.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil.
- Place the cherries in the pan and spread them well.
- Pour the mixture over and sprinkle some flaked almonds to decorate. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven).
- Once done, let it cool down for an hour before enjoying it tepid or cold.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the individual servings. Place them on a baking sheet, then when fully frozen, remove and place them in the container/bag for up to 3 months.