Every time I make these, people devour them. I was even told that they taste nicer than regular brownies. As everything I do, they are DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE and they are also grain-free. I use coconut sugar to sweeten them so no refined sugar in these either. Did you know coconut is a natural anti-fungal? It helps kill bad bacteria in the gut.
- 2/3 cup or 80g of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup or 80g of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup or 130g of coconut oil
- 1 1/3 or 200g of coconut sugar
- sea salt to decorate
- Preheat your oven at 175C.
- Beat the eggs and add the coconut sugar, followed by the ground almonds and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add the melted (but cooled down) coconut oil and the cocoa powder, mix gently as the cocoa powder is fine.
- Pour in a greased muffin tray (I use coconut oil) lined with baking paper. Bake at 175C for 18 minutes.
- Let it cool down and decorate with sea salt flakes. Enjoy!! I love having these with a cup of coffee. Total treat but not too naughty.
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 80g or 2/3 cup of almond flour can be replaced with 50 g or 2/3 cups of quinoa flour.