- 4 eggs
- 1 chopped medium onion (fresh or frozen)
- 2 sliced bell peppers (fresh or frozen)
- 1 jar of tomato passata (or a can of chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon of garlic purée
- 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Brown the onion with a dash of olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. After 3 minutes, add the garlic and bell peppers.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and add the spices. Combine well, add the tomato passata (or chopped tomatoes), the chopped coriander (leaving some to decorate), and season with salt and pepper. Cook on medium for 5 minutes. Crack 4 eggs, cover the pan until the eggs are done to your liking. Sprinkle the pine nuts and more chopped coriander to decorate. You can also sprinkle a little extra paprika and turmeric for taste and color.
- Your shakshuka is ready to be enjoyed!