- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup or 120ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 preserved lemons
- 20 green olives
- 8 artichokes hearts
- 30g of 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Brown the lamb shanks and add the finely chopped onion and crushed garlic, as well as the turmeric, ginger, ground pepper, and salt. Cook on medium for 5 minutes – until the onion becomes translucent.
- In the meantime grind the saffron and mix it with the hot water. Add the hot water/saffron mix and cook for 45 minutes on medium to low.
- Cut the lemons in quarters, remove the pulp and add to the tagging, as well as the artichokes heart and olives. Cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve and decorate with the chopped coriander. *you can replace the lamb with 4 chicken legs or breasts + wings