- 2 medium onions (red preferably)
- 5.3 oz or 150g of small mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup pr 1200ml of boiling water
- Slice the onions in fine rings. Slice the mushrooms finely.
- In a pan over medium heat, put the olive oil and add the onions. Cook on medium until the onions are soft and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Once they are very soft, add the mushrooms and salt, and cook until the mushrooms have reduced in size, another 5-10 minutes.
- Add the coconut sugar, cook on medium until the sugar has melted and the onions and mushrooms have a brown color.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook at further 5 minutes, until it has completely evaporated.
- Add the water and cover the pan, letting it simmer for 15 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Your relish is ready to be enjoyed! I love it with a regular burger or a Moroccan burger. It works with most foods though, enjoy!