- 2 cups or 200g of almond flour
- 2/3 cup or 120g of coconut sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 Medjool dates + 3 extra for decorating
- 4 grated carrots (1 cup or 150g)
- 3/4 cup or 100g of walnuts + extra for decorating
- 1/3 cup or 70g of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven).
- Grate your carrots. Spread them over a couple of paper towels once grated and pat dry them with a couple more paper towels/kitchen roll sheets.
- Whisk eggs and coconut sugar. Once the mixture turns paler, add the almond flour, vanilla extract, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, sea salt and mix slowly.
- Place your coconut oil to melt in the oven for a few minutes.
- When the ingredients are well combined, gently fold in the grated carrots (saving some for decorating), the chopped walnuts, and 4 dates cut into pieces.
- Scoop out the mixture into your muffin tray (lined with muffin cups) up to 2/3.
- Decorate with the remaining walnuts, grated carrots, and chopped dates.
- Bake for *20 minutes at 350 F / 175 C (fan oven) and allow the muffins to cool down before enjoying them!
- * The cooking time can vary depending on ovens. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a tooth pick and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer
- **if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour, and if you don’t like the taste of quinoa flour, you can either toast it or add a little cinnamon (however, the taste tends to be good after baking).