This quinoa and chia seed porridge is a great option for when you want a sweet yet PALEO breakfast. I never thought I could have porridge or milk again when I started my low-inflammation lifestyle about 8 years ago. And even though I loved a nice and warm milky porridge, it used to make me bloated, way before I got diagnosed with auto-immune issues. This DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE porridge takes minutes to make and is so tasty, filling, and satisfying! It doesn’t give you any bloat and you know you are starting the day strongly when you have this. Feel free to vary the toppings, I like mine with frozen berries (super easy to store) and coconut yogurt. You can also use nut butter, stewed apples, flaked almonds, or anything else you like!
- 4 tablespoons of quinoa flakes
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 200ml of unsweetened fresh coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- frozen berries
- coconut yogurt
- Put the quinoa, chia seeds, coconut milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a sauce on medium heat. Stir gently until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Serve and garnish with frozen berries and coconut yogurt.
- This recipe is so quick and easy, yet absolutely delicious. Enjoy!