- 4 organic carrots
- 4 organic parsnips
- 1 tablespoon of goose fat (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- A scrunch of black pepper
- Preheat your oven at 400 F / 200 C (fan oven).
- Wash your vegetables and do not peel them if they are organic. The majority of nutrients are found in the skin. The skin of root vegetables also contains naturally occurring prebiotics from the soil (healthy dirt!)
- Cut off the ends of the carrots and parsnips, and cut in halves lengthwise. Place them in a roasting dish and coat them in goose fat. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and cumin seeds over.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Storage TipsThis dish can be prepared in advance. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days.