- 500ml of beef or chicken ramen broth (shop bought is fine)
- 6 broccolini stems / tenderstem broccoli
- 2 salmon fillets
- 400g or 14.10 oz of konjac noodles
- 1 tablespoon of ginger puree or fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of garlic puree or fresh grated garlic
- 3 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons of ponzu sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Sesame seeds to decorate
- Coriander leave to decorate
- Place the garlic puree, tamari sauce, ginger puree, ponzu sauce, mirin and sesame oil in a baking dish. Add the salmon fillets, coat them in the marinade, and place in the fridge for up to 4 hours in advance. If you do this last minute and don’t have time for the marinade to sit, it still works out very well.
- Preheat your oven at 190 C / 380 F. Place the salmon in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. I like mine flakey but slightly pink in the middle.
- In the meantime, put some water to boil. Rinse the konjac noodles with clear water and place in each serving bowl. Blanch the broccolini for about 3 minutes and set aside. Once the salmon is cooked, take it out of the oven. Switch the heat off on the ramen broth.
- Put all the ingredients together in the serving bowls. Start by pouring the ramen broth over the noodles. Add the broccolini and the salmon fillets. You can scrape some of the sauce and add it on top of the fillets. Decorate with sesame seeds and coriander leaves. Enjoy!
- P.S.: you can be creative with this dish and add sauteed mushrooms, scallions, boiled eggs, replace the salmon with some white fish or chicken, and add anything else you’d like!