- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of garlic puree or 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cut the broccoli in florets and chop the onion finely.
- Put a large pan of water to boil and blanch the broccoli for a couple of minutes. Drain the water out and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the chopped onion. Sweat for about 5 minutes or until translucent on medium heat. Add the garlic, tomato puree, salt, pepper, herbs, and stir well, cooking for another 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and toss while cooking for another 3 minutes on medium heat. Your side dish is ready!