- 2 kilos or 5 lb of beef short ribs
- 1 cup or 250 ml of beef broth
- 1/2 cup or 120 ml of tamari or regular soy sauce
- 1/4 cup or 30g of coconut sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 spring onions/scallions to decorate, sliced
- Sesame seeds to decorate
- Place the meat in the slow-cooker.
- Mix the beef broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, coconut sugar, and ginger in a large bowl. Combine well and add the mixture and sliced garlic in the slow-cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Let it cool down and skim the fat from the top with a tablespoon. Discard the fat and heat up on low to medium heat, either in the slow-cooker or even in a deep pan if you are eating it a few days later.
- Place the ribs and the sauce in a serving dish and decorate with the sliced spring onions/scallions and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- I like serving this with a stir fry of bok choy (using tamari sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and fish sauce) and steamed jasmine rice for the children and my non-paleo friends!