- 4 medium zucchini / courgettes
- 2 small or 1 large leek
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound or 450g of mushrooms (any kind)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce / Tamara sauce/coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger or 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sesame seeds to decorate
- Finely slice the onion, leek, and garlic.
- In a pan or wok on medium heat, add the sesame oil and soften the onion, leek, and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger powder of finely chopped fresh ginger as well as a sprinkle of black pepper. Let it soften on medium/low heat while you’re chopping up the mushrooms and zucchini.
- Once the onion starts looking translucent, add the mushrooms and zucchini.
- Cook to your liking – I like my zucchini to be slightly crunchy- and season with soy sauce/tamari sauce or Coconut Aminos and salt, cooking for a further minute or two.
- Turn the heat off, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve! Enjoy!
- If you like spicy food, feel free to add fresh chili or chili sprinkle when you add the ginger!