- 3 leeks
- 3 zucchini
- 2 parsnips
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups or 1l water
- Roughly cut the leeks, zucchini, and parsnips. Heat the olive oil in a deep pan. Add the leeks and crushed garlic. Sweat on medium heat for around 7 minutes, for the leeks to soften and sweeten.
- Add the cut parsnips and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to fry on medium heat for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the water, cover the vegetables, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Turn the heat off, let it cool down for 10 minutes and blend the soup with a hand blender or in a food processor for a creamier finish.
- Taste it and add salt if necessary. Enjoy!
- Ps: you can add more or less water, depending on the desired consistency for this soup. You can also replace the parsnips with one medium sweet potato or one celeriac.
Storage TipsThis dish can be prepared in advance. It keeps in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.