- 4 eggs
- 7.05 oz or 200g of apple purée (100% apples, no added sugar)
- 2 cups or 200g of ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 apple to decorate
- A handful of flaked almonds to decorate (optional)
- Extra cinnamon powder to decorate
- Preheat your oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Beat the eggs really well so the texture of your muffins is light.
- Mix in the apple purée, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the ground almonds, arrowroot powder, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tray with coconut oil (or use muffin cases) and scoop the mixture in. You can use an ice cream scoop if you have one to make it easier.
- Peel the apple and slice it thinly. Decorate the muffins with the apple slices, sprinkling some cinnamon powder and almond flakes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if they are baked. If it comes out clean, they’re ready!
- Let them cool down completely before enjoying them.
These keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container.