- 2 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers
- 1 bunch of asparagus (about 6 medium spears)
- 4 spring onions
- 2 fillet or ribeye steaks (about 600g or 21.16oz)
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of mirin (or rice vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Optional: dried or fresh chilis
- Cut the spring onions, asparagus, bell peppers, and garlic in fine slices. Cut the beef in medium to thin slices.
- Put the sesame oil in a pan or wok on medium heat and add the spring onions, garlic, and asparagus. Cook for about five minutes before adding the bell peppers, grated garlic, soy sauce, and mirin (or rice vinegar). Cook until tender but still crunchy.
- Add the beef and chilis if you’d like it spicy, and cook a further 5 minutes on high or to your liking – I like my beef medium in stir-fries, so it is cooked but still tender.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with sesame seeds.