I have been wanting to make paleo bread for ages, but I must admit I do not miss bread anymore. I remember absolutely craving it when I went grain-free about 9 years ago. I finally decided to make it now to bring extra variety in my diet, and also for people following me because so many of you guys have requested it. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and keto-friendly too. This is a very simple recipe, but I will post more bread recipes. I am thinking of doing one with flaxseeds which will give extra fiber and omega 3s. The texture will also be different thanks, which will be a nice variation if you get bored with this recipe!
- 2.5 cups or 250g of ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat your oven at 150C / 300F.
- Whisk the eggs and the vinegar in your food processor or in a bowl.
- Add the ground almonds, salt, bicarbonate of soda, and arrowroot powder. Mix well.
- Scoop into a small loaf Pam, greased with coconut oil (or any oil actually), and lined with baking paper. Bake at 150C /300 F for 50 minutes.
- The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- And there you have it! A very easy to make paleo bread. I have sprinkled some poppy seeds on top, but it is totally optional. Chia seeds would work well too.
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour.
Store mine in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.