- 4 pink lady apples, peeled and cut in medium size cubes
- 200g or 2 cups of ground almonds
- 140g or 2/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 120g or 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- coconut yogurt to serve
- Preheat the oven at 160C / 320F (fan).
- Place the cut apples at the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish.
- Sprinkle the apples with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Mix the ground almonds, coconut sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and remaining cinnamon in a bowl. I like doing this with my fingers until I get a crumble consistency. It should form a dough that sticks together if pressed but crumbles if not.
- Crumble the mixture on top of the apples. Bake for 40 minutes at 160C / 320F.
- Let it cool down before enjoying it with a dollop of coconut yogurt!
- PS: it might look dark because of the coconut sugar but don’t worry, it doesn’t mean it has burnt! It will taste absolutely delicious.