- 400g or 14.1oz of dairy-free chocolate or chocolate chips
- 125g or 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Sea salt to decorate
- Utensils: You need muffin cases and a muffin tray.
- Melt the chocolate in a “bain-marie” which consists of placing the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. While the chocolate is melting, place the cashew butter in the freezer so it sets a bit.
- Add the coconut oil to the chocolate and gently stir until you have a smooth consistency. Take the cashew butter out of the freezer. Pour one tablespoon of melted chocolate in each muffin case. Tap the muffin tray on your worktop to even out the chocolate. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the fridge and place a teaspoon of cashew butter in each muffin tray, gently flattening it.
- Cover each one with another tablespoon of melted chocolate. Give the tray a little tap again to even the chocolate out and let any trapped air bubbles to surface.
- Decorate with sea salt. Place in the fridge for one hour to set and it is ready!
Your cashew butter cups will keep for up to 10 days in the fridge but you will most probably eat them before that!