- 1 eggplant
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 red onions
- 2 medium tomatoes or 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat your oven on grill.
- Peel the onions, wash and pat dry the vegetables.
- Slice the peppers in two and remove the seeds. Place on an oven tray and put under the grill until the skin darkens and bubbles up.
- In the meantime, cut the onions in halves and slice thinly yet keeping them together.
- Cut the eggplants in halves and cut in fine slices using a mandolin if you have one.
- Cut the tomatoes in halves. Peel and cut the garlic cloves thinly.
- Once the bell peppers have darkened, take out of the oven and place them in a box.
- Preheat the oven at 175 C / 350 F.
- Once the bell peppers have cooled down, peel the skin off delicately and cut them in halves again.
- Take a large oven dish and place the eggplants by stacking up the slices, tomatoes, onions, and add the bell pepper cut in quarters. Add the chopped garlic on top.
- Sprinkle salt, peppers, and drizzle the olive oil.
- Place in the oven at 175 C / 350 F for one hour. Once they are cooked, remove from the oven. Let them cool down, drizzle the sherry vinegar, and enjoy tepid or cold.
- This is delicious with some extra aioli on the side too and it makes a perfect starter or side dish. Enjoy!
This keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge.