This is my current favorite soup! I make it quite thick and I find it so delicious and filling! Perfect on the 6-week reset too, it has both greens and good carbs, a wonderful starter option for lunch or dinner 😊
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 whole celery
- 17.6 oz or 500g of spinach/baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 liter of water
- Chop the onion and leek finely, peel and crush the garlic. Put all three ingredients in a deep pan with olive oil and sweat until translucent on medium heat.
- While that is cooking, chop the rest of the vegetables in medium size pieces. Add the salt, pepper cumin, and all the vegetables except the spinach. Cook on medium heat for about five minutes while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cover with a liter of water and bring it to a boil. Lower the heat to low/medium and let it simmer for thirty minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for a further five minutes.
- Switch the heat off, let it cool for five minutes and blend.
- Your soup is ready to be enjoyed!