I have tried and tested several recipes for this, some with milk only, others with milk and yogurt. This combination of ingredients is definitely the best. This chia pudding is creamy, has just a little bit of sweetness going on, and can be made in advance and kept in the fridge. My kids love it. Coconut milk and yogurt are a great alternative to dairy as coconut is a powerful anti-candida and anti-fungus (it basically helps kill the bad bacteria in your gut). Chia seeds are packed with Omega 3. This is wonderful for your health and your skin! You can take it to work with you and have it for breakfast, snack, or as a guilt-free pudding.
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut yogurt
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the coconut yogurt, milk, agave/maple syrup, salt, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the chia seeds and mix well so they are evenly spread.
- Put the bowl in the fridge. It should take around 4 hours to set. I like making it at night for the next day. It keeps for a few days in the fridge.
- Top it with raspberries and toasted coconut flakes, or any topping you like! I use blueberries, strawberries, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, and sometimes cocoa nibs.
This can be made in advance and kept in the fridge for a few days