- 1/3 cup or 50g of tapioca pearls
- 1 cup or 240ml of unsweetened coconut milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1 can of light coconut milk (400ml )
- 1/3 cup or 60g of coconut sugar (or pure stevia to make it a green food)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Berries/mango /fruit of your choice to decorate
- Soak the tapioca pearls with the non-dairy milk in a saucepan for an hour.
- Add the light canned coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar.
- Stir well and bring to a boil on medium to high heat while stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer on low-medium heat for 15 minutes while continuously stirring gently.
- Once the heat is off, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer in 4 small bowls/cups. Place in the fridge for one hour or serve warm.
- Decorate with fresh or frozen fruit. Enjoy!
- PS: You can replace the coconut sugar with pure stevia. All you need to do is cook it without coconut sugar, and once the heat is off, stir in some pure stevia to taste. You can also stir in some plant-based protein powder if you like. The color will, of course, be different if you put stevia or protein powder. Enjoy!
This dessert is best consumed the day you make it but lasts up to 3 days in the fridge.