I wanted to come up with a paleo bread recipe richer in fiber and lighter in texture, and I came up with this flax paleo bread recipe. The flaxseeds add fiber and make the bread less dense. It is a nice variation on the basic paleo bread, and it also has a higher content of omega 3. Flaxseeds are a great source of plant-based omega 3s, and very anti-inflammatory. This bread is not only not inflammatory like traditions bread, but it is ANTI inflammatory thanks to the presence of Omega 3s. Like all my recipes, it is very easy and quick to make. It is also DAIRY-FREE, KETO, and GLUTEN-FREE.
- 200g or 2 cups of ground almonds
- 50g or 1/4 cup of milled flaxseeds
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven at 150C / 300F.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, and apple cider vinegar in a food processor or a bowl.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients – almond flour, bicarbonate of soda, arrowroot powder, and flaxseeds- and mix until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into greased a bread loaf pan lined with baking paper. Sprinkle some extra flaxseeds on top of you like.
- Bake at 150C / 300F for 50 minutes. The cooking time can vary depending on the oven. To make sure it is cooked through, insert a toothpick, and see if it comes out clean. If not, it needs cooking longer.
- Your delicious paleo flax bread is ready! It is perfect for breakfast or with any meal. Even my kids like it so do enjoy it with your whole family!
- *if you are allergic to nuts or prefer not to use almond flour (ground almonds) for any other reason, you can replace it with quinoa flour. 200g or 2 cups of almond flour can be replaced with 120g or 2 cups of quinoa flour.