- 900g or 2lb of boneless chicken thighs (chicken breast works too)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400ml or 14oz)
- 200ml or 7oz of light coconut milk
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander (30 grams or 1.05oz)
- 1 green apple
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons of mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon of medium curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Peel and grate the onion with a cheese grater. Crush the garlic cloves, peel and grate the apple.
- In a deep pan on medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, sweat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, curry powder, and ground masala powder. Mix well with a spatula until the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- Add the grated apple, mix well, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, coconut milk, mix and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes partially covering the pan.
- Turn off and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander before serving. Enjoy the curry with a side of steamed broccoli or green beans.
This reheats really well so you can cook a batch and put some in the fridge (keeps up to 5 days) or the freezer (up to 3 months).